News: Former South Florida high school football star dead after car accident
FORT LAUDERDALE, FL – Police said 24-year-old Sam Bruce, a former high school football standout in South Florida, died following a car crash Wednesday night, according to WPTV.
According to police, Bruce apparently suffered a seizure while driving and crashed on Northwest 22nd Road in Fort Lauderdale just before 8:30 p.m. He was pronounced dead the following morning at Broward Health Medical Center. Authorities do not suspect any foul play in the incident and said the crash is not considered suspicious.
As a wide receiver at St. Thomas Aquinas High School in Fort Lauderdale, Bruce helped his team win two consecutive state titles. He signed to play with the University of Miami but did not end up playing for them due to violations of team rules.
Speak with our respected Miami car accident lawyers now. We only receive compensation if there is a settlement or verdict in your favor. To schedule your Free consultation, call 305.371.8000 or complete our contact form. We represent personal injury victims throughout Florida and across the United States.
- 1 dead, 2 injured following car accident in Miami Gardens
- Man arrested for Hollywood car accident that left 2 people dead
- 18-year-old arrested in connection with fatal Oakland Park car accident
- 1 person dead in fiery car accident in Oakland Park
- Man facing DUI charges for fatal 2020 car accident in Doral
- Car accident on U.S. 1 injures driver, shuts down northbound lanes
- Driver arrested for vehicular homicide in fatal 2020 car accident in Sunrise
- 20-year-old driver dies in high-speed car accident in Boca Raton
- Woman sentenced for car accident that killed Fort Lauderdale police detective
Attorney John H. (Jack) Hickey and his team handle a wide range of cases, including but not limited to cruise ship accidents, admiralty and maritime accident cases, medical malpractice, wrongful death, premises liability, railroad accidents and car accidents. We represent victims from all over the nation, the world and the state of Florida.