OAKLAND PARK, FL – Authorities have made an arrest in connection with a fatal car accident in Oakland Park on Dec. 31, 2021, NBC Miami reports.
The suspect was identified as 18-year-old Jonathan Yuz of Fort Lauderdale. He is facing multiple charges, including vehicular homicide and reckless driving causing injury.
According to investigators, Yuz was driving a Porsche Taycan at about 5:30 p.m. when he collided with a BMW T-bone style at the intersection of East Commercial Boulevard and Northeast 15th Avenue. The impact sent the BMW onto a sidewalk and crashing into a light pole.
A woman driving the BMW and her juvenile son were killed in the wreck.
The Broward Sheriff’s Office said Yuz was driving 80 miles an hour, more than twice the speed limit, at the time of the crash. He had also made an illegal U-turn two blocks away.
After a warrant was obtained, Yuz was arrested on Tuesday and booked into jail.
Speak with our respected Miami car accident lawyers now. We only receive compensation if there is a settlement or verdict in your favor. To schedule your Free consultation, call 305.371.8000 or complete our contact form. We represent personal injury victims throughout Florida and across the United States.
- Former South Florida high school football star dead after car accident
- 1 dead, 2 injured following car accident in Miami Gardens
- Man arrested for Hollywood car accident that left 2 people dead
- 1 person dead in fiery car accident in Oakland Park
- Man facing DUI charges for fatal 2020 car accident in Doral
- Driver arrested for vehicular homicide in fatal 2020 car accident in Sunrise
- 20-year-old driver dies in high-speed car accident in Boca Raton
- Woman sentenced for car accident that killed Fort Lauderdale police detective
Attorney John H. (Jack) Hickey and his team handle a wide range of cases, including but not limited to cruise ship accidents, admiralty and maritime accident cases, medical malpractice, wrongful death, premises liability, railroad accidents and car accidents. We represent victims from all over the nation, the world and the state of Florida.