Miami Uber Accident Lawyers
Strong representation when you’re in a rideshare accident in Miami, Florida
Uber is a popular way for Miami visitors and residents to travel. Many visitors fly into Miami and rely on Uber services to get to their hotels, enjoy restaurants, visit the city’s great attractions, and meet up with friends. Many students, workers, and full-time Miami residents use Uber to earn a living as a driver or get to school or work as a passenger. Just like any other vehicle, however, Uber drivers, passengers, and others may be killed by negligent motorist, or suffer serious and permanent injuries.
At Hickey Law Firm, we understand the unique liability and insurance issues involved with Miami Uber accident claims. Attorney John H. (Jack) Hickey is double board certified by The Florida Bar in Civil Trial and Admiralty and Maritime Law, distinctions held by few attorneys in Florida. He is also board certified in Civil Trial by the National Board of Trial Advocacy (NBTA). We are quality over quantity. We don’t have hundreds of lawyers, we have a few. We don’t have thousands of clients, we have a good number. We don’t advertise on TV. We get interviewed on TV ... and in magazines, on RADIO, IN newspapers, and by online media. And we are not for everybody. We are for you, the honest person who was seriously injured.
YOUR JOURNEY TO JUSTICE.
LED BY YOUR TEAM AT HICKEY LAW FIRM.
WE LEAD. WE EXPLAIN. WE RESOLVE... FOR YOU.
Fee is Free - You Don't Pay Unless We Win
How can we help?
- What types of Uber accidents happen in Miami?
- What are the causes of Uber accidents?
- What types of injuries do Uber accident victims suffer?
- Who is liable for an Uber accident in Miami?
- Who pays for my damages after an Uber accident?
- Do your Miami Uber accident lawyers represent sexual assault clients?
- How much is my Miami Uber accident claim worth?
- Do you have an Uber accident lawyer near me?
What types of Uber accidents happen in Miami?
At Hickey Law Firm, we have been strong advocates for car accident victims for 40 years. We understand the unique issues involved with Uber rideshare accidents. We represent customers, drivers, and anyone injured in any type of rideshare accident including:
- Head-on accidents
- Read-end accidents
- T-bone/broadside accidents.
- Intersection accidents.
- Accidents that happen when picking up or discharging a passenger
- Single-vehicle accidents
- Multi-vehicle accidents
We also represent anyone who is sexually assaulted during an Uber ride service.
WAS A LAWYER FOR THE INSURANCE COMPANIES. NOW A LAWYER FOR YOU.
What are the causes of Uber accidents?
Many Uber accidents happen for the same reasons any car accident happens, and some Miami Uber accidents are caused due to factors that are unique to rideshare services. At Hickey Law Firm, our personal injury lawyers are skilled at showing that a rideshare accident was caused by a driver who:
- Was texting or using their cellphone while driving (often to arrange the next trip).
- Was looking at a GPS system to determine where to take a passenger.
- Drove under the influence of alcohol.
- Drove while fatigued; Uber drivers should take regular rest breaks.
- Violated any Florida traffic law such as laws on speeding and passing.
- Not understanding the Miami roads.
- Driving too fast for the weather, such as sun-glare or rain.
- Driving too fast for traffic conditions.
Uber drivers have a duty to be extra-careful because they are transporting paying passengers. Drivers need to focus on safe driving at every stage of their service.
What types of injuries do Uber accident victims suffer?
Our personal injury lawyers represent car accident victims who suffer life-changing injuries. We work with your medical team and our network of doctors to understand just how devastating your injury is and what medical care your require. Our Miami Uber accident attorneys handle cases involving:
- Traumatic brain injuries and head trauma
- Spinal cord injuries and paralysis
- Severe burn injuries
- Orthopedic injuries
- Nerve injuries
- Sexual assault injuries
- Traumatic amputation of limbs and other body parts
- Internal bleeding and organ damage
- Vision or hearing loss
- Other permanent, chronic, and serious injuries
We also work with your health insurance companies and your doctors while your claim is pending.
Who is liable for an Uber accident in Miami?
There are two key parts to an Uber claim. The first is determining who is liable. The second is determining what insurance pays your claim. The responsible defendants for your Uber accident and injuries can include:
- The driver of the Uber vehicle
- The owner of the Uber vehicle if different than the driver
- Other drivers
- The owners of any other vehicles involved in the accident
- Manufacturers, distributors, and sellers of defective auto parts
- State and Miami agencies who are responsible for the design, maintenance, and repair of Miami roads
In some cases, Uber may also be a defendant. The attorneys at Hickey Law Firm can explain more in a personal consultation about your claim.
Who pays for my damages after an Uber accident?
Per Florida law, every car owner must have the following insurance coverage:
- “be insured with PIP and PDL insurance at the time of vehicle registration.
- have a minimum of $10,000 in PIP AND a minimum of $10,000 in PDL. Vehicles registered as taxis must carry bodily injury liability (BIL) coverage of $125,000 per person, $250,000 per occurrence and $50,000 for (PDL) coverage.”
If you are injured in any type of car accident in Florida, you may be able to claim payment of your medical bills from your own PIP carrier, the driver’s liability insurance, or your own health insurance.
You can claim damages for your medical bills (over your PIP coverage), lost income, and pain and suffering from the owner’s liability insurance coverage. If the owner didn’t have insurance or didn’t have enough insurance, we request that your Uninsured/Underinsured (UM/UIM) carrier pay these damages.
Uber drivers are required to have more insurance than regular motorists. The amount of insurance and the responsibility for the insurance vary depending on the what the Uber driver is doing at the time of the accident. Our Miami Uber accident lawyers understand this very complex issue. The coverage requirements, generally, are as follows:
- The driver’s app is turned off and they are not working. Their regular auto insurance policy provides coverage.
- The app is on and the Uber driver is looking for passengers. The driver’s rideshare/Uber insurance policy goes into effect, as well as partial coverage from Uber.
- The Uber driver has accepted a ride and has a passenger in the vehicle. Uber’s insurance policy kicks in.
Florida is a no-fault state. This means anyone who is injured must have accepted tort coverage or must meet the state threshold requirements in order to be eligible to file a personal injury claim.
Florida has specific eligibility requirements for Uber drivers.
Do your Miami Uber accident lawyers represent sexual assault clients?
Yes. At Hickey Law Firm, our team has the experience, compassion, and resources to hold Uber drivers accountable when they commit illegal and unthinkable acts. We file personal injury claims against your attacker, as well as the rideshare companies responsible for vetting and hiring them. According to CNN, nearly 6,000 sexual assault were filed involving Uber drivers and passengers in 2017 and 2018 combined.
How much is my Miami Uber accident claim worth?
We understand that once you case settles or there is a verdict, you can’t ask for additional compensation. This is why we thoroughly work to maximize your claim by speaking with your doctors, understanding all the ways your injuries are affecting you, as well as taking into account the time you’ve lost from work and how your losses will affect your future.
At Hickey Law Firm, we have settled or obtained many verdicts worth hundreds of thousands or millions for many clients. We demand damages for your current and future losses, including your:
- Medical damages
- Economic damages, including lost income and property damages
- Physical pain and emotional suffering
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Every way your life is more difficult than it was before the Miami Uber accident
We file wrongful death claims if a beloved member of your family died in a rideshare accident.
Do you have an Uber accident lawyer near me?
At Hickey Law Firm, we meet with Uber accident victims in our offices at 1401 Brickell Avenue, Suite 510 in Miami, Florida. We do meet with patients away from the office when necessary.
WHEN PEOPLE NEED A SPECIALIST IN LIFE CHANGING INJURIES, PEOPLE CHOOSE HICKEY LAW FIRM.
Speak with Hickey Law Firm in Miami today
At Hickey Law Firm, our lawyers answer all your questions and guide you through each phase of the claims process. The Best Lawyers in America© recognizes John H. (Jack) Hickey in three areas: Admiralty and Maritime Law, Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs, and Medical Malpractice –¬ Plaintiffs.
We are quality over quantity. We don’t have hundreds of lawyers, we have a few. We don’t have thousands of clients, we have a good number. We don’t advertise on TV. We get interviewed on TV ... and in magazines, on RADIO, IN newspapers, and by online media. And we are not for everybody. We are for you, the honest person who was seriously injured.
Make the call to our highly respected Miami Uber accident attorneys now. Call 305.371.8000 or fill out our contact form to schedule a FREE CONSULTATION. You pay ABSOLUTELY NOTHING until and unless we recover compensation for you. We represent victims who live in Miami, in Florida, or anywhere in the United States.