Miami Car Accident Lawyers
Persuasive advocacy for drivers, passengers, pedestrians, and bicyclists in Florida
Car accidents happen regularly on the many expressways, causeways, and local roads that connect Miami to the rest of Florida. One second, you’re living a normal life and a second later it is changed forever. Motorists who speed, drive while distracted, or whose negligence causes injuries or deaths should be held accountable. Many car accident victims live with permanent or disabling injuries. Other car accidents result in fatalities. You deserve experienced car accident lawyers with a record of success on your side.
At Hickey Law Firm, our lawyers have been strong advocates for Miami car accident victims for 40 years. The Best Lawyers in America© recognizes John H. (Jack) Hickey in three areas: Admiralty and Maritime Law, Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs, and Medical Malpractice –¬ Plaintiffs. Attorney John H. (Jack) Hickey is double board certified by The Florida Bar in Civil Trial and Admiralty and Maritime Law, distinctions held by few attorneys in Florida. He is also board certified in Civil Trial by the National Board of Trial Advocacy (NBTA).
We’ve had a number of impressive results in car accident cases. One that we’re especially proud of is a $5,087,699.93 verdict affirmed by Florida’s Third District Court of Appeal. Attorney Hickey said:
This may not be the largest verdict in the world. But it is the largest verdict in the world for an 89-year-old woman who was involved in a car crash and died 4 1/2 years later of unrelated causes. The case then became a “survivor action” which is for the pain and suffering of a woman who never set foot in the courtroom and whose deposition was not taken. She was brought to life in the courtroom through the photos of Maria “the energizer bunny” before the crash, the medical records, and the testimony of Maria’s daughter and granddaughter. I am proud of the result and happy for my clients.
In another car accident case, we obtained $8,000,000.00 for the driver of an SUV who became a quadriplegic after a van ran the SUV off an expressway – even though the officer at the scene said our client, the SUV driver, caused the accident.
Fee is Free - You Don't Pay Unless We Win
WAS A LAWYER FOR THE INSURANCE COMPANIES. NOW A LAWYER FOR YOU.
How can we help?
- How often do car accidents happen in Miami?
- What types of car accident claims do you handle?
- What are the causes of car accidents in Miami?
- What types of injuries do car accident victims suffer?
- Who is responsible for my Miami car accident?
- What is the value of my Miami car accident case?
- What steps should I take after an accident?
- When should I file my car accident claim?
- Do you have a car accident lawyer near me?
How often do car accidents happen in Miami?
In 2020, there were 341,399 vehicle accidents in Florida, involving 569,182 drivers. Further, 3,332 people died in these crashes – almost 10 each day. More than 15,600 people suffered incapacitating injuries. Nearly another 200,000 suffered other injuries. More than 8,000 crashes involved pedestrians. Nearly 6,000 accidents involved bicycle riders.
What types of car accident claims do you handle?
The Miami attorneys at Hickey Law Firm handle all types of car accidents, including:
- Head-on crashes. These accidents often happen because another driver was going in the wrong direction.
- Many intersection accidents involve the front of one car striking the side of another car.
- Rear-end collisions. With very rare exceptions, the driver in the rear is responsible.
- Single-vehicle accidents. Passengers can file claims against negligent drivers. Drivers may have claims against the state. They may also have a claim against a tavern that sold liquor to a minor or someone who was “habitually addicted” or intoxicated.
- Multi-car crashes. These Miami car accidents usually involve multiple victims and multiple defendants.
- Hit and run accidents. We work with the police to locate the responsible driver. Your own UM/UIM insurance may pay your claim.
- Uber and Lyft - Strong representation when you’re in a rideshare accident in Miami, Florida
We also represent drivers, passengers, pedestrians, and bicycle riders in car accidents involving defective car parts.
What are the causes of car accidents in Miami?
A critical part of your car accident case is to show someone else was negligent and that they failed to use proper care. Our Miami personal injury lawyers regularly show that a driver caused your accident by:
- Driving while distracted by a smartphone, eating, drinking, or other reasons.
- Driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Diving while tired.
- Speeding, running a red light, or violating other traffic laws.
- Driving too fast for traffic conditions.
- Driving too fast for weather conditions.
- Not using appropriate caution.
- Not having the proper experience.
What types of injuries do car accident victims suffer?
We represent Miami car accident victims who have life-changing injuries, permanent injuries, and other serious injuries, including:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Traumatic amputation/loss of limb
- Spinal cord damage
- Nerve damage
- Burn injuries
- Orthopedic injuries
- Shoulder, neck, and back pain
- Vision or hearing loss
- Internal organ damage
- Other injuries
We also file wrongful death actions on behalf of families when a beloved parent, child, spouse, or other close relative dies in a car accident.
Who is responsible for a Miami car accident?
At Hickey Law Firm, we file claims against all responsible parties including:
- The driver
- The owners of the vehicle, if different than the driver
- An employer
- A manufacturer of defective car parts
- The Florida Department of Transportation or other state agencies/entities
- A seller of alcohol if the alcohol caused the accident and other conditions are met
Additional defendants may also be liable.
FIGHTING FOR YOU ™
What is the value of my Miami car accident case?
Our Miami car accident lawyers have obtained numerous settlements and verdicts – many worth millions and hundreds of thousands of dollars. We obtain strong results because we thoroughly review every way your injuries are affecting your life, your happiness, your ability to work, and your ability to enjoy your family.
We demand damages for all of the following:
- Medical expenses – current and future
- Lost income and benefits – current and future
- Pain and suffering for the rest of your life
- Any scarring or disfigurement
- The inability to use a body part
- Loss of consortium (marital pleasures)
- Property damages
In some cases, we demand punitive damages. We seek wrongful death damages when a loved one dies in a Miami car accident.
What steps should I take after an accident?
At Hickey Law Firm, our Miami car accident lawyers are ready to answer all your questions, from the moment you contact us after the accident. Some of our recommendations to anyone involved in any personal injury accident include:
- Seek a medical review as quickly as possible. The sooner you see an ER doctor or another physician, the sooner a diagnosis can be made and treatment can begin.
- If you’re healthy enough, you’ll need to exchange driver, car registration, and insurance information with the police and other drivers. You should take pictures of the accident site, the damaged cars, and your injuries.
- Don’t discuss the case with anyone other than the police. Definitely do not discuss details of the accident with the insurance company or any of the other drivers. Don’t post any information about the accident on social media.
- Contact your own insurance company.
- Maintain records of any witnesses.
- Keep records of the healthcare providers you see.
You should make it a priority to speak with our Miami car accident lawyers as quickly as possible. We will investigate how the accident happened and review who is responsible. Our lawyers will guide you through each phase of your claim. We will explain when your case is ready for negotiation with the insurance companies. Our team is always ready to try your case before a jury.
When should I file my car accident claim?
Don’t wait. Contact us immediately. The sooner you meet with us, the faster we can help you obtain the recovery you deserve. Generally, personal injury cases including car accidents must be filed in Florida within four years of the date of the accident. Some shorter time limits may apply – so, again, don’t wait.
Do you have a car accident lawyer near me?
Hickey Law Firm meets with motorcycle accident victims at our Miami office located at 1401 Brickell Avenue, Suite 510. We meet with clients who are ill or immobile at their homes or other convenient locations when necessary.
WE WILL LEAD YOU ON THE JOURNEY TO JUSTICE.
WE WILL SHOW YOU THE WAY.
WE WILL EXPLAIN THE PROCESS AND WHAT WE HAVE DONE AND WHAT WE WILL DO.
TAKE OUR HAND AND WALK WITH US. WE HAVE A TEAM READY FOR YOU NOW.
Talk with Hickey Law Firm in Miami today
At Hickey Law Firm, our Miami car accident lawyers work with your doctors and our own network of doctors to fully understand your injuries and how they’ve altered your life. We are quality over quantity. We don’t have hundreds of lawyers, we have a few. We don’t have thousands of clients, we have a good number. We don’t advertise on TV. We get interviewed on TV ... and in magazines, on RADIO, IN newspapers, and by online media. And we are not for everybody. We are for you, the honest person who was seriously injured.
Speak with our respected Miami car accident lawyers now. We only receive compensation if there is a settlement or verdict in your favor. To schedule your Free consultation, call 305.371.8000 or complete our contact form. We represent personal injury victims throughout Florida and across the United States.