Miami Truck Accident Lawyers
You have the right to pursue compensation to protect your health and your future
Miami is a major worldwide tourist attraction and business hub. Truck companies are constantly delivering goods to residents, hotels, and businesses. Miami businesses use commercial trucking companies to deliver the goods they make to the rest of Florida and the United States. However, the economic support that trucking brings to Miami also brings serious dangers. The size and mass of trucks makes them a leading cause of accidents that cause catastrophic and fatal injuries.
Tractor-trailers, semis, rigs, box trucks, and other commercial trucks cause numerous accidents on the Airport, Palmetto, Dolphin, and Don Shula Expressways, and other roads in and around Miami. These accidents often change the lives of the victims forever. At Hickey Law Firm, our truck accident lawyers hold drivers and trucking companies accountable when they place profit above safety.
The Best Lawyers in America© recognizes John H. (Jack) Hickey in three areas: Admiralty and Maritime Law, Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs, and Medical Malpractice –¬ Plaintiffs. Attorney John H. (Jack) Hickey is double board certified by The Florida Bar in Civil Trial and Admiralty and Maritime Law, distinctions held by few attorneys in Florida. He is also board certified in Civil Trial by the National Board of Trial Advocacy (NBTA).
How can we help?
- How deadly are truck accidents in Florida?
- What are common injuries from Miami truck accidents?
- What types of truck accident claims does your firm handle?
- What causes Miami truck accidents?
- Who is responsible for a Miami truck accident?
- When should I file my truck accident claim?
- How much is my Miami truck accident claim worth?
- Do you have a truck accident lawyer near me?
How deadly are truck accidents in Florida?
When trucks collide with other vehicles, the occupants of the smaller vehicles absorb most of the force and impact. According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), nationwide in 2019, more than 5,00 people died in large truck accidents, and 119,00 large trucks were involved in accidents that caused injuries. Additionally, 232 buses were involved in fatal crashes that same year.
According to the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, in 2020 there were 29 fatal crashes involving medium to heavy trucks in Florida where the driver died. Another 111 crashes caused incapacitating injuries to drivers, and another 789 caused injuries to drivers. Light trucks caused four fatal accidents, and 43 accidents that resulted in incapacitating injuries. Passengers suffered more deaths and serious injuries than drivers in truck accidents in 2020.
WAS A LAWYER FOR THE INSURANCE COMPANIES. NOW A LAWYER FOR YOU.
What are common injuries from Miami truck accidents?
Many of the cases our Miami personal injury lawyers handle involve victims with catastrophic injuries, permanent injuries, or serious injuries that take a long time to heal. At Hickey Law Firm, we represent victims (local and out-of-state) who suffer any type of injury, including:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord damage and paralysis
- Severe burn injuries
- Orthopedic injuries
- Traumatic amputation/loss of limb
- Vision and hearing loss
- Internal organ damage
- Back, neck, and shoulder injuries
- Scarring and disfigurement
Our Miami truck accident lawyers also represent families when a loved one dies due to the fault of a negligent driver, trucking company, or parts manufacturer.
WHEN I MEET THEM I PROUDLY SAY WE REPRESENT THE LEAST, THE LAST, THE LEFT OUT, AND THE LEFT BEHIND IN GETTING JUSTICE. WE REPRESENT YOU WHO HAVE SUFFERED A LIFE CHANGING INJURY.
What types of truck accident claims does your firm handle?
At Hickey Law Firm, we have the skill and resources to handle all types of Miami truck accident claims including:
- Wide-turn accidents
- Blind spot accidents
- Underride accidents
- Shifting or spilled cargo accidents
- Head-on crashes
- T-bone accidents
- Rear-end accidents
- Single vehicle accidents
- Multiple vehicle accidents
- Work-zone accidents
At Hickey Law Firm, our Miami truck accident lawyers also handle accidents caused by defective truck parts such as brakes, fuel systems, and electrical systems.
What causes Miami truck accidents?
Our Miami truck accident lawyers are skilled at showing that your truck accident was caused by the negligence of the driver and others. Common types of negligence include:
- Driving while distracted (for example, looking at a GPS system, texting while driving, and eating while driving)
- Driving while intoxicated
- Speeding, tailgating, improper merging, and other traffic violations
- Driving while tired
- Failing to load and secure the cargo safely
- Failing to manage blind-spots
- Driving too fast for weather or traffic conditions
- Failing to comply with federal and Florida laws
Who is responsible for a Miami truck accident?
In most truck accident cases, it’s not just the driver who is responsible. At Hickey Law Firm, we file claims against all responsible parties to ensure those who caused your accident are held responsible – and because many times the trucking companies have more insurance coverage than the drivers.
The defendants in Miami truck accident cases include:
- The truck driver
- An employer of the truck driver
- The owners of the truck
- The trucking companies involved in the shipment
- Maintenance and repair crews
- Manufacturers of defective truck parts
- Truck leasing companies
The Florida Department of Transportation and sellers of alcohol to visibly intoxicated drivers may also be liable.
Our truck accident attorneys understand what precautions drivers, trucking companies, and the trucking industry need to take to ensure truck accidents don’t happen on Miami roads. We also understand the federal and Florida laws that regulate driving trucks. These regulations how long drivers should operate their trucks before resting and proper loading and unloading procedures.
When should I file my truck accident claim?
Truck accident victims and families must file their claims within four years of the accident date. The best course of action is to speak with our highly respected Miami truck accident lawyers now.
WHEN THE STAKES ARE HIGH, PEOPLE CHOOSE HICKEY LAW FIRM. ™
How much is my Miami truck accident claim worth?
Truck accidents change lives. Many victims of Miami truck accidents live with a lifetime of pain; they can no longer do the work they did before the accident, and require very expensive medical care. At Hickey Law Firm, our personal injury lawyers pay attention to all the small details and all your future expenses, which can help to substantially increase the value of your claim.
We prepare detailed demand letters, requesting that the insurance companies pay compensation for all your current and future damages, including:
- Medical expenses
- Lost income and benefits, including a permanent work disability
- Physical pain and emotional suffering
- Loss of function of any body part
- Loss of life’s pleasures
- Property damage
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Damages for every other way the truck accident impacted your life
We file detailed wrongful death claims for damages including funeral bills, lost financial support, and the loss of support and guidance on behalf of families who tragically lose a loved one in a Miami truck accident.
WAS A LAWYER FOR THE INSURANCE COMPANIES. NOW A LAWYER FOR YOU.
Do you have a truck accident lawyer near me?
Hickey Law Firm meets with clients and families at our Miami office located at 1401 Brickell Avenue, Suite 510. We meet truck accident victims who cannot come to our office at their homes and other convenient locations.
Speak with Hickey Law Firm in Miami today
When people need a specialist in life-changing injuries, people choose Hickey Law Firm. We are quality over quantity. We don’t have hundreds of lawyers, we have a few. We don’t have thousands of clients, we have a good number. We don’t advertise on TV. We get interviewed on TV ... and in magazines, on RADIO, IN newspapers, and by online media. And we are not for everybody. We are for you, the honest person who was seriously injured.
Assert your rights. Contact our experienced Miami truck accident lawyers today. You pay ABSOLUTELY NOTHING until and unless we recover compensation for you. To schedule a free consultation, call 305.371.8000 or complete our contact form. We represent truck accident victims and their families throughout Florida and across America.
Related News Articles
- Police searching for driver who slammed into box truck on U.S. 1
- Dump truck and tractor-trailer collide in Hialeah Gardens, injuring driver
- Motorcyclist struck by hit-and-run driver in Miami Springs
- Woman struck by vehicle while walking near hotel on Collins Avenue in Miami Beach
- Motorcyclist seriously injured in crash with large truck in Davie
- Lanes closed on Florida Turnpike due to 18-wheeler accident
- 4 injured in crash between pickup truck and landscaping truck in Pembroke Pines
- Hit-and-run accident in Pompano Beach kills pedestrian
- Overturned mixer truck shuts down I-75 ramps in NW Miami-Dade