News: Man facing DUI charges for fatal 2020 car accident in Doral
DORAL, FL – Authorities said they have charged a man in a fatal crash that took place on June 22, 2020 in Doral.
According to NBC Miami, 51-year-old Christian J. Diaz-Flores was arrested Monday on several charges, including DUI manslaughter and vehicular homicide.
Diaz-Flores was driving a Nissan Altima when the collision occurred in the area of Northwest 58th Street and Northwest 87th Avenue at about 2 a.m. According to the arrest warrant, Diaz-Flores was speeding and went through a flashing red light at the intersection.
His vehicle T-boned a Toyota Corolla and then collided with a Jeep. The driver of the Corolla, 18-year-old Morales Sardinas, was pronounced dead at the scene. His 18-year-old female passenger was critically injured and taken to Ryder Trauma Center at Jackson Memorial Hospital.
Diaz-Flores was also hospitalized, and blood samples taken at the hospital showed his blood alcohol content was over the legal limit.
Speak with our respected Miami car accident lawyers now. We only receive compensation if there is a settlement or verdict in your favor. To schedule your Free consultation, call 305.371.8000 or complete our contact form. We represent personal injury victims throughout Florida and across the United States.
- Former South Florida high school football star dead after car accident
- 1 dead, 2 injured following car accident in Miami Gardens
- Man arrested for Hollywood car accident that left 2 people dead
- 18-year-old arrested in connection with fatal Oakland Park car accident
- 1 person dead in fiery car accident in Oakland Park
- Car accident on U.S. 1 injures driver, shuts down northbound lanes
- Driver arrested for vehicular homicide in fatal 2020 car accident in Sunrise
- 20-year-old driver dies in high-speed car accident in Boca Raton
- Woman sentenced for car accident that killed Fort Lauderdale police detective
Attorney John H. (Jack) Hickey and his team handle a wide range of cases, including but not limited to cruise ship accidents, admiralty and maritime accident cases, medical malpractice, wrongful death, premises liability, railroad accidents and car accidents. We represent victims from all over the nation, the world and the state of Florida.