SUNRISE, FL – A woman has been arrested in connection with a deadly car accident in Sunrise on Feb. 27, 2020, NBC Miami reports.
60-year-old Matilde Perez has been charged with vehicular homicide and reckless driving in the case. Authorities said Perez was speeding when he drove through a red light at the intersection of Northwest 44th Street and Pine Island Road.
Her vehicle collided with another car, killing 41-year-old Clarice Toussaint of Miami.
Perez appeared in court Wednesday, where bond was set at $75,000.
Toussaint’s twin sister, Clarine, attended the hearing and was quoted as telling Perez, “You took her from me, and you took her from my dad and her kids.”
Speak with our respected Miami car accident lawyers now. We only receive compensation if there is a settlement or verdict in your favor. To schedule your Free consultation, call 305.371.8000 or complete our contact form. We represent personal injury victims throughout Florida and across the United States.
- Former South Florida high school football star dead after car accident
- 1 dead, 2 injured following car accident in Miami Gardens
- Man arrested for Hollywood car accident that left 2 people dead
- 18-year-old arrested in connection with fatal Oakland Park car accident
- 1 person dead in fiery car accident in Oakland Park
- Man facing DUI charges for fatal 2020 car accident in Doral
- 20-year-old driver dies in high-speed car accident in Boca Raton
- Woman sentenced for car accident that killed Fort Lauderdale police detective
Attorney John H. (Jack) Hickey and his team handle a wide range of cases, including but not limited to cruise ship accidents, admiralty and maritime accident cases, medical malpractice, wrongful death, premises liability, railroad accidents and car accidents. We represent victims from all over the nation, the world and the state of Florida.