DANIA BEACH, FL – The Broward Sheriff’s Office was on the scene of a fatal pedestrian accident in Dania Beach early Thursday morning.
The incident occurred on Federal Highway between Southeast 3rd and 4th Street at about 2 a.m., according to WPLG.
BSO deputies arrived at the scene and found the body of the victim, while a silver Kia was in the southbound lanes with a shattered windshield. The driver involved stayed at the scene.
The name of the victim was not immediately released.
Authorities are now investigating the circumstances surrounding the accident. Federal Highway was shut down for about five hours for the crash investigation.
If you or a loved one have been struck by a vehicle in Florida, you could be entitled to compensation for the expenses you have incurred. At the Hickey Law Firm, our Miami personal injury lawyers will work hard to protect your legal rights and pursue the compensation you are owed. Call us at 888-913-4296, text 844-984-1937, or contact us online to arrange a free consultation.
- Another Brightline Train Hit a Miami Pedestrian
- Highway closed in Coconut Grove following pedestrian accident
- Woman struck by vehicle while walking near hotel on Collins Avenue in Miami Beach
- Search underway for driver who hit pedestrian on I-95 in Hollywood
- Pedestrian Struck By Vehicle in Broward Saturday Night
- Police searching for driver who left scene of fatal pedestrian accident in Hallandale Beach
- Collision in Fort Lauderdale causes car to fatally strike pedestrian
Attorney John H. (Jack) Hickey and his team handle a wide range of cases, including but not limited to cruise ship accidents, admiralty and maritime accident cases, medical malpractice, wrongful death, premises liability, railroad accidents and car accidents. We represent victims from all over the nation, the world and the state of Florida.