FORT LAUDERDALE, FL – Police said a pedestrian was killed after a car accident in Fort Lauderdale on Tuesday morning.
According to WSVN, a city Public Works vehicle collided with a car in the area of Broward Boulevard and Andrews Avenue at about 10 a.m.
The impact caused the Public Works vehicle to hit a pedestrian, a woman who died at the scene. The driver of the vehicle was hospitalized with injuries that were not life-threatening.
Fort Lauderdale police tweeted that the intersection was shut down and westbound traffic on Broward Boulevard was being redirected. Drivers were advised to use NE 3rd Avenue to NE 4th Street as alternate routes.
If you or a loved one were struck by a vehicle on the roads of South Florida then contact the Hickey Law Firm, where our experienced Miami pedestrian accident attorneys can help you obtain financial compensation for your medical bills and related expenses. You can tell us about your experience in a free consultation, which you can schedule by calling 888-913-4296, texting 844-984-1937, or completing our online form.
- Another Brightline Train Hit a Miami Pedestrian
- Highway closed in Coconut Grove following pedestrian accident
- Woman struck by vehicle while walking near hotel on Collins Avenue in Miami Beach
- Pedestrian fatally struck by vehicle on Federal Highway in Dania Beach
- Search underway for driver who hit pedestrian on I-95 in Hollywood
- Pedestrian Struck By Vehicle in Broward Saturday Night
- Police searching for driver who left scene of fatal pedestrian accident in Hallandale Beach
Attorney John H. (Jack) Hickey and his team handle a wide range of cases, including but not limited to cruise ship accidents, admiralty and maritime accident cases, medical malpractice, wrongful death, premises liability, railroad accidents and car accidents. We represent victims from all over the nation, the world and the state of Florida.