Authorities are convinced that the woman seen in a video recording near the scene of a hit-and-run collision that injured a child is the person responsible for the crash.
WSVN.com reports that Broward Sheriff’s Office has arrested 60-year-old Kimberly Mathis in connection with the hit-and-run crash.
Authorities have arrested a woman in connection to a hit-and-run in Oakland Park that sent a 2-year-old girl to the hospital. https://t.co/nmk1TiL9Ut
— WSVN 7 News (@wsvn)
August 17, 2022
As we blogged yesterday, video evidence appears to show Mathis stopping and checking her vehicle following the collision, which occurred last Thursday near Northwest 43rd Street and Fifth Avenue. Mathis then allegedly got back in her car and left the scene.
Authorities are charging Mathis with failing to remain at the scene of an accident involving injury.
The child victim sustained serious injuries that are not life-threatening.
If you or a loved one has suffered a serious injury due to someone else’s negligence, contact us today. We will lead you on the journey to justice. We will show you the way. We will explain the process, what we have done, and what we will do. Take our hand and walk with us. We have a team ready for you now.
- News: Child killed, 2 others injured in hit-and-run crash on Florida’s Turnpike
- Child Hospitalized After Hit-and-Run in Broward
- Child Hospitalized After Vehicle and Train Collide
- Two-Year-Old Child Drowns in Swimming Pool of Pompano Beach Apartment Complex
- Toyota Recalls 75,000 Vehicles Due to Child Seat Anchor Defect
- Girl Dies From Injuries Sustained in Hit-and-Run That Killed Two Other Children
- News: Child hit by vehicle while riding bicycle in Miami Gardens
- News: Adult, child fatally struck by car while pushing disabled vehicle in Hallandale Beach
Read all Miami child injury news posts
Attorney John H. (Jack) Hickey and his team handle a wide range of cases, including but not limited to cruise ship accidents, admiralty and maritime accident cases, medical malpractice, wrongful death, premises liability, railroad accidents and car accidents. We represent victims from all over the nation, the world and the state of Florida.