What To Do After a Car Accident
Serving Miami, Florida and Nationwide
FIGHTING FOR THE SAFETY OF YOU AND YOUR FAMILY
The aftermath of a devastating car accident is a confusing and frightening time. You're hurt, you're upset and you're wondering what you need to do to protect yourself and your family.
Unfortunately, the actions you take in the immediate aftermath of a car accident can play a significant role in determining the success or failure of any legal action you might pursue.
Fortunately, you can protect yourself and your legal rights by taking a few simple steps. Over our decades of practice, our Miami car accident lawyers have seen that doing what we're about to describe can keep you safe and better your odds in a courtroom.
If you live in the Miami, Florida area and you've been the victim of a car accident, our lawyers can help. Please call the Hickey Law Firm, P.A. today at 855-375-3727 for a free consultation.
The Right Steps
After your accident, your two priorities should be your health and your legal rights. Protecting both of them is vital.
That's why we recommend you:
- Always seek medical attention. Even if it seems like a minor accident and you feel fine, it's important to get yourself checked out. Let any paramedics called to the scene examine you, and see a doctor if no emergency personnel were dispatched.
- Exchange information with the other party in the accident. Be polite, be calm and do not admit any wrongdoing. Get their insurance information, driver's license number, license plate number and contact information and give them yours.
- Thoroughly photograph the scene. You don't need to be a great photographer- the camera on your phone is fine. Make sure your shots are in focus and take as many pictures as possible of the vehicles involved and the environment.
- Request copies of any documentation generated after the accident, especially police reports and medical records.
- Finally, you should speak with our Miami car accident lawyers as soon as possible about your next steps.
That final step is absolutely crucial. You might be reluctant to consider legal action. You might think the wreck was relatively minor. However, it's important to protect your options. A consultation with our lawyers is completely free and comes with no obligations- it won't cost you anything to speak with us and tell us your story.
If you live in the Miami, Florida area and you want to talk to our car accident lawyers about your case, please call the Hickey Law Firm, P.A. today at 855-375-3727 or contact us online for a free consultation.