Miami Aviation Accident Lawyers
Relentless representation for families and survivors of Miami plane accidents
Visitors from all over the world visit Miami for its warm weather, schools, business, entertainment venues, parks, and natural resources. Miami International Airport is one of the busiest airports in the United States. There are other nearby airports in Fort Lauderdale and Palm Beach. Passengers may also ride in local shuttle planes, sightseeing planes, and other smaller aircraft. When aviation accidents in and near Miami happen, the consequences are often deadly and on a mass scale. Survivors usually have life-changing catastrophic injuries.
At Hickey Law Firm, our Miami aviation accident lawyers have the experience and resources to help you obtain justice. We understand the unique challenges involved with filing claims against the aviation industry. Attorney John H. (Jack) Hickey is double board certified by The Florida Bar in Civil Trial and Admiralty and Maritime Law, distinctions held by few attorneys in Florida. He is also board certified in Civil Trial by the National Board of Trial Advocacy (NBTA). The Best Lawyers in America© recognizes John H. (Jack) Hickey in three areas: Admiralty and Maritime Law, Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs, and Medical Malpractice –¬ Plaintiffs.
Fee is Free - You Don't Pay Unless We Win
PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEY JACK HICKEY HAS ADMISSIONS TO ALL THREE FEDERAL DISTRICT COURTS IN FLORIDA—SOUTHERN, MIDDLE, AND NORTHERN—AS WELL AS FEDERAL CIRCUIT COURTS FOR THE FIFTH AND ELEVENTH CIRCUITS AND THE SUPREME COURT OF THE UNITED STATES.
How can we help?
- What types of aviation accident cases does your Miami law firm handle?
- Why do aviation accidents happen in Miami, Florida?
- What injuries do Miami aviation accident victims suffer?
- How can your Miami aviation accident lawyers help my case?
- Do you have an aviation accident injury lawyer near me?
What types of aviation accident cases does your Miami law firm handle?
Hickey Law Firm represents victims of all types of aviation accidents, from single-engine planes to large commercial aircraft. We represent survivors, and the families of passengers who tragically died in aviation accidents. Some of the types of Miami aviation accidents we handle include:
- Accidents involving commercial planes. When commercial plane accidents happen, the results are often catastrophic because so many people die or suffer severe injuries. We handle aviation accidents involving all major and smaller airlines.
- Accidents involving charter planes. Many people in Miami rely on commuter planes and air shuttle services to transport them quickly and safely.
- Sightseeing and touring accidents. The companies who run sightseeing tours help passengers see the great natural sites Florida has to offer, such as the Everglades.
- Helicopter crashes. Helicopters are often used to transport accident victims to a nearby hospital, to scout possible locations for a business, for search and rescue, and for other reasons.
- Ambulance service accidents. Air ambulances can save lives. They can also endanger them as operators rush to transport patients to nearby health facilities.
- Teaching accidents. Miami is also home to flight training schools where students can earn their pilot’s license. However, there is always the risk something can wrong.
Our Miami aviation accident lawyers are also prepared to represent anyone injured in a commercial space travel accident or a drone accident.
Who is liable for an aviation accident in Miami?
Often, numerous people and companies are liable for an aviation accident. The defendants differ depending on the type of aviation accident, who owned the plane or aircraft, and many other factors. The defendants may include:
- The pilots
- The owners of the plane or aircraft
- Lessees of the aircraft
- The manufacturers of the aircraft or aircraft parts
- Air traffic controllers
- Flight instructors
- The airport
- Maintenance and repair businesses
- Many other defendants
Our firm may be small but we have a big firm reputation. We have the skills, experience, and resources to fight the insurance carriers and defense lawyers that represent these defendants.
WHEN PEOPLE NEED A SPECIALIST IN LIFE CHANGING INJURIES,
PEOPLE CHOOSE HICKEY LAW FIRM.
Why do aviation accidents happen in Miami, Florida?
Aviation accidents are often due to one or more of the following causes:
- Pilot error
- Lack of training
- Lack of experience
- Mistakes made when operating in bad weather such as rain and wind
- Defective aircraft parts
- Mistakes by the crew
- Power failures
- Improper maintenance
- Faulty repairs
- Lack of familiarity with the region
- Not enough fuel or other fuel problems
- Lack of communication with air traffic controllers and other pilots
- Many other failures
We work with aviation professionals, federal and state agencies, and conduct extensive discovery to determine how the accident and what steps should have been taken to prevent the crash.
WE LEAD. WE EXPLAIN. WE RESOLVE... FOR YOU.
TAKE OUR HAND AND WALK WITH US.
WE HAVE A TEAM READY FOR YOU NOW. CALL US.
What injuries do Miami aviation accident victims suffer?
Sadly, many plane accidents are fatal. We file wrongful death claims when a loved one dies in a plane crash. We also represent Miami aviation accident victims who suffer:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord damage
- Orthopedic injuries
- Nerve injuries
- Severe burn injuries
- Traumatic amputations
- Heart failure
- Internal organ damage
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
At Hickey Law Firm, we work with your doctors and our own network of professionals to understand and document all the ways your injuries have changed your life, the medical treatment you’ll need for the rest of your life, and the cost of your medical care. We demand compensation for your medical bills, lost income, pain and suffering, scarring and disfigurement, loss of function, and loss of the joys of life.
When we file wrongful death claims, we demand compensation for:
- The funeral and burial costs.
- The value of lost services and support.
- A spousal claim for mental pain and suffering.
- A minor child’s claim for loss of parental companionship, instruction, and guidance – and mental pain and suffering.
- Financial losses due to the wrongful death.
How can your Miami aviation accident lawyers help my case?
At Hickey Law Firm, we work with aviation professionals who understand how to investigate aviation accidents, determine the cause of the accident, and who is responsible. We understand what laws govern aviation in Florida and the United States. We coordinate your case with the claims of other victims involved in the accident.
Some of the federal agencies we work with include:
- The National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB). This federal agency investigates accidents involving US flights.
- The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). This federal agency drafts aviation safety regulations. The agency also investigates disasters.
Private pilots and smaller companies are subject to fewer regulations, which often leads to more accidents. Our own John H. (Jack) Hickey told the New York Times, “It is really disconcerting to learn about all the prior accidents with these planes. There are a lot of these accidents involving private aviation and after National Transportation Security Board completes its investigation, there should be more talk about more regulation.”
Do you have an aviation accident lawyer near me?
At Hickey Law Firm, we understand how traumatic it is to learn a loved one died or is living with a catastrophic injury as a result of a Miami aviation accident. Clients and families can learn more about their case by scheduling an appointment at our Miami office located at 1401 Brickell Avenue, Suite 510 in Miami, Florida.
Assert Your Rights. Contact Hickey Law Firm in Miami now
At Hickey Law Firm, we are quality over quantity. We don’t have hundreds of lawyers, we have a few. We don’t have thousands of clients, we have a good number. We don’t advertise on TV. We get interviewed on TV ... and in magazines, on RADIO, IN newspapers, and by online media. And we are not for everybody. We are for you, the honest person who was seriously injured.
Get help now. Speak with a respected Miami, Florida aviation accident now. We need to move quickly to investigate your claim. Initial consultations are FREE. Call 305.371.8000 or complete our contact form. We represent accident victims and families who live anywhere in the world when a Miami aviation accident happens. You pay ABSOLUTELY NOTHING until and unless we recover compensation for you. Call now!