- A lawsuit was recently filed against Carnival Cruise Lines, on behalf of a girl who was 15 years old when she traveled with the company.
- The suit alleges that the plaintiff was raped and sexually assaulted by a group of men aboard a Carnival cruise ship in October 2015.
- The suit claims that Carnival was negligent in not providing a safe environment for its minor passengers.
A lawsuit was recently filed against Carnival Cruise Lines, after a teenage girl accused five fellow passengers of raping her aboard one of the company’s ships.
The suit alleges that the 15-year-old victim was raped as she sailed with her mother on the Carnival Breeze cruise ship. The pair set sail on an 8-day itinerary in late September 2015, and was nearing the end of the trip when the alleged incident occurred.
According to the suit, on the night of the incident the victim visited the ship’s club for teens, a facility which does not serve alcohol and is located on Deck 4. The suit says that the girl witnessed several apparently drunk men being removed from the club, as they were too old to be admitted. But when the victim later went for ice cream on another deck, she reportedly saw the group of five men again.
The lawsuit says that the men forced the victim into a men’s room, where they raped her and forced her to perform oral sex. The lawsuit holds Carnival responsible for negligence. Among the many charges levied by the suit, it claims that Carnival did not provide a secure environment for its minor passengers, and that the company could have done more to secure the environment once the men were kicked out of the club, but instead allowed the men to loiter in the hallway.
According to the MiamiNewTimes.com story about the incident, Carnival has surveillance recording of the men’s movements, which corroborates the victim’s account.
No one has been arrested in connection with the alleged crime.
- The Trauma of Rape and Sexual Assault
- Royal Caribbean Is Being Sued for Negligence in Alleged Gang Rape of 15-Year-Old Passenger
- U.S. Attorney Announces Guilty Plea in Cruise Ship Rape Case
- Royal Caribbean Crew Member Sues for Rape and Company Mistreatment
- Woman Sues Following Rape on Carnival Cruise Ship
- Twelve Year-old Girl Raped Onboard Royal Caribbean Cruise Ship
- Sexual Assault of an Intoxicated Cruise Ship Passenger by a Crewmember
- Can I Sue a Cruise Line if I Was Sexually Assaulted by a Crew Member?
- Royal Caribbean Can’t End Suit Over Sex Assault Response
- Its Time for Cruise Lines to Admit That They Have a Sexual Assault Problem
Attorney John H. (Jack) Hickey and his team handle a wide range of cases, including but not limited to cruise ship accidents, admiralty and maritime accident cases, medical malpractice, wrongful death, premises liability, railroad accidents and car accidents. We represent victims from all over the nation, the world and the state of Florida.