Mystery surrounds the details of how a Plantation area worker was hurt today.
Local10.com reports that the man was working on the electrical system of Westside Regional Medical Center when he was electrocuted or burned. The report quotes Plantation Fire Rescue Chief Joe Gordon as saying that the man, who works for Rams Inc., was injured after he cut into a pipe which feeds the facility’s electrical system.
Contradicting the fire chief’s account was an official with Gaylor Electrical, who said that the indication is that the worker was burned by an arc flash, and that there was no evidence to suggest that he cut into a pipe.
Regardless of the cause of the man’s injuries, they were so severe that the had to be medically evacuated to Kendall Regional Medical Center’s Burn Unit.
The incident cut power to the hospital, and left it operating on a backup generator.
Attorney John H. (Jack) Hickey and his team handle a wide range of cases, including but not limited to cruise ship accidents, admiralty and maritime accident cases, medical malpractice, wrongful death, premises liability, railroad accidents and car accidents. We represent victims from all over the nation, the world and the state of Florida.