A Sarasota child is in recovery after she was severely injured while playing with a “pool noodle”.
In a Facebook post the child’s mother, Lacey Grace, detailed what happened to her daughter Elianna. WSVN.com reports that Grace wrote “By 100% freak accident, Elianna put her mouth to blow out at the same time someone blew in the other end, causing the water to shoot directly down her throat.”
Elianna vomited the swallowed pool water, and initially seemed to be fine. But a little more than a day after the incident Elianna developed a fever. Her mom, recalling a case of so-called “dry drowning” that she had read about in Texas, took her daughter into a medical facility.
Though the family hoped that Elianna would check out fine, the doctor told Lacey to take her daughter to the ER immediately as she was suffering a serious medical emergency.
Elianna is now on a breathing machine battling aspiration pneumonia. WSNV reports that the family has set up a GoFundMe account to accept donations for her medical care.
Attorney John H. (Jack) Hickey and his team handle a wide range of cases, including but not limited to cruise ship accidents, admiralty and maritime accident cases, medical malpractice, wrongful death, premises liability, railroad accidents and car accidents. We represent victims from all over the nation, the world and the state of Florida.