If you have been sexually assaulted aboard a cruise ship, there are actions that you should take in the immediate aftermath of the incident in order to ensure your safety and to help authorities hold the perpetrator accountable.
In the following video, cruise injury attorney Jack Hickey details the steps you should take if you are ever the victim of cruise ship sexual assault. Of course, the first action you should take is to seek a safe place and seek medical treatment for you injuries.
After seeking safety and medical treatment, you should:
- Report the incident to the cruise ship staff. Remember, you have not done anything wrong. Be sure to report the incident as quickly as possible.
- Have a rape kit performed. If a rape kit was not performed while you were receiving medical treatment, make sure you have one performed immediately.
- Report the incident to the FBI. Do not allow the cruise ship personnel to speak on your behalf. Though they may seem to be on your side, remember that the cruise line is going to look out for its own interests first.
- Receive treatment when you return home. Be sure to seek the continuing medical treatment that you need in order to heal from your injuries, and also seek a therapist to help you begin to heal from your psychological injuries.
Strong, dedicated cruise ship sexual assault attorneys
The cruise ship sexual assault attorneys at Hickey Law Firm rерrеѕеnt thоѕе whоѕе lіvеѕ wеrе affected bу thе nеglіgеnсе of сruіѕе lіnеѕ. Remember, cruіѕе lines hаvе tеаmѕ of lawyers whо immediately іnvеѕtіgаtе ѕhірbоаrd раѕѕеngеr сlаіmѕ wіth thе оbjесtіvе of bеnеfіtіng their еmрlоуеr. Talk to еxреrіеnсеd and ассоmрlіѕhеd attorneys with a record of success. We want to protect уоur rіghts аnd hоld thе сruіѕе lіnе financially accountable fоr what happened to you.
- Accidents and Sexual Assault on Cruise Ships
- Legal Advice for Victims of Sexual Assault on a Cruise Ship
- Most Recent Cruise Crime Stats Show Troubling Continuation of Sexual Assault Trend
- INSIDE Edition Profiles Legal Case of Teen Who Claims Cruise Ship Rape
- Royal Caribbean Is Being Sued for Negligence in Alleged Gang Rape of 15-Year-Old Passenger
- How Common Is Cruise Ship Sexual Assault?
Attorney John H. (Jack) Hickey and his team handle a wide range of cases, including but not limited to cruise ship accidents, admiralty and maritime accident cases, medical malpractice, wrongful death, premises liability, railroad accidents and car accidents. We represent victims from all over the nation, the world and the state of Florida.