In a statement today, Norwegian Cruise Line announced that it would be extending its no-sale period into the early summer.
Your safety is our #1 priority—both on and off our ships. We are extending the suspension of all sailings across our fleet through June 30, 2020. For more information please visit: https://t.co/TzIVK9eONB pic.twitter.com/5krcCpMwfK
— Cruise Norwegian (@CruiseNorwegian)
April 24, 2020
The company announced that it would be suspending all sailings through June 30 in an attempt to help protect the safety of its passengers and crew members. This is a significant extension of the company’s previously announced suspension, which was set to last through May 10.
FoxNews.com reports that, in the statement, Norwegian said, “We are committed to taking all appropriate steps and actions to combat the spread of COVID-19 and are working closely and in partnership with local, state, federal and global agencies.”
“While this may result in additional future changes, please know our teams are working around the clock to do what is right by our guests and travel partners. We will provide additional updates as they are available.” the statement added.
The report also says that cruise company Cunard’s ships, including the Queen Mary 2, will not be making any voyages until August at the earliest.
Attorney John H. (Jack) Hickey and his team handle a wide range of cases, including but not limited to cruise ship accidents, admiralty and maritime accident cases, medical malpractice, wrongful death, premises liability, railroad accidents and car accidents. We represent victims from all over the nation, the world and the state of Florida.