Many newlyweds, empty nesters, and spring breakers choose a cruise ship vacation. From tropical locations to enticing onboard amenities, cruise lines offer something for every kind of tourist whether you’re solo or a family. These cruises often end up being far less fun than the commercial or salesperson promised. Cruise ship accidents, injuries, and assaults are all too common, which is why our cruise ship accident attorneys believe it’s important to understand the risks and know what dangers to watch for during your stay on a cruise line.
- Slip and fall accidents: This may seem like a given but slip and fall accidents can lead to severe injuries and happen when decks haven’t been thoroughly mopped and cleaned or near water activity areas of the ship such as hot tubs and swimming pools.
- Illnesses: Food-borne illnesses are common on cruise ships as the cuisine may fail food safety standards, but sometimes the staff fails to follow allergy requests putting someone otherwise healthy in jeopardy of a severe allergic reaction.
- Activity Injuries: Ziplining, parasailing, hiking, scuba diving, snorkeling, and many other excursions are some of the best parts of a cruise vacation, but they’re also hot spots for injuries.
- Medical Malpractice: The doctors and medical staff found on cruise ships are rarely qualified to practice medicine in the United States, but it’s a free game on international waters. If you’re seriously injured on board, the medical professionals may not know how to treat you adequately, making your symptoms or injuries worse.
- Physical and Sexual Assault: Alcoholic beverages are a big part of the cruise ship experience. That coupled with dark, secluded areas on the boat and staff that weren’t properly vetted makes physical assault, sexual assault, and rape an all too common occurrence on cruise lines. If you were harmed or sexually assaulted, contact the authorities immediately and reach out to our cruise ship assault attorneys in Miami to pursue justice and protect future cruise patrons.
There are ample ways you can get injured while on a cruise. Hopefully, the dangers discussed above are not a part of your cruise ship experience, but if something does happen, you need an attorney — cruise lines employ their own attorneys who will try a wide variety of tactics to discredit your claim. Our founding attorney, Jack Hickey, understands this because he used to work on the other side protecting cruise lines. He knows how to fight on your behalf and ensure justice and compensation for any injuries or assault.
Contact Our Cruise Ship Accident Attorney in Miami
If you or a loved one has been injured or assaulted on a cruise ship, please contact the Hickey Law Firm in Miami today at (855) 375-3727 for a free consultation. Our attorney serves clients in Miami, Florida and nationwide