If I Suspect Medical Malpractice, What Should I Do?

Personal Injury, Motor Vehicle, Cruise Ship, Recreational Boating, and Jet Ski Accident Attorneys Serving Florida.

First of all, you should call a lawyer, but you should call a lawyer in the location where you have to bring a claim and somebody who specializes in medical negligence. One of the first things I tell people when they call is, have you gone back to the doctor and told the doctor—if this is appropriate—have you told the doctor: Hey, I still have the pain here? Or, hey, the surgery did not turn out well. If the answer is yes, and the doctor blew me off, or that he’s not listening to me, or she’s not listening to me, or they’re prescribing the same thing over and over—I get it, and you should not be going back there. You should get a second opinion. That’s the second thing I tell people. Get a second opinion from a physician. Sometimes, people call lawyers when they should be calling another doctor. 

If you believe you’ve been a victim of medical negligence, contact Hickey Law Firm in Miami today at (305) 371-8000 for a free case evaluation. We help clients pursue compensation for personal injuries, sexual assault, and wrongful death in Miami, Florida, and nationwide.