Miami Slip and Fall Lawyers
Aggressive representation for Florida fall victims
Hotels, amusement parks, cruise lines, restaurants, retail stores, professional service offices, neighbors, and other others have a duty to keep their property safe, so visitors don’t fall. When they don’t, Hickey Law Firm is here to help. Our Miami slip and fall attorneys have secured millions of dollars on behalf of clients, including $6 MILLION for a victim who required multiple surgeries after a slip and fall in a condo building. Contact us in Miami today to get started.
WAS A LAWYER FOR THE INSURANCE COMPANIES. NOW A LAWYER FOR YOU
Fee is Free - You Don't Pay Unless We Win
Frequently Asked Questions
- What causes slip and fall accidents in Miami?
- When are Miami property owners liable for slip and fall accidents?
- What injuries do Miami slip and fall victims suffer?
- How much is my Miami slip and fall case worth?
- What steps should I take after a slip and fall accident?
- Do you have a slip and fall accident lawyer near me?
What causes slip and fall accidents in Miami?
Slip, trip, and fall accidents are preventable. The owners and store managers can prevent most of these accidents by conducting routine inspections, making prompt repairs, and warning customers to stay away from known dangers. Property owners should designate employees to conduct the inspections or hire maintenance people to conduct the inspections.
Some of the ways owners can prevent slip and fall accidents include:
- Clean and dry slippery floors
- Clean spilled beverages, spilled food, and debris
- Fix floors that are uneven
- Fix torn carpets and broken tiles
- Repair loose railings and staircases that are unsafe
- Remove or replace area rugs and carpets that may cause a fall
- Install quality lighting fixtures
- Remove merchandise, equipment, and tools on the floor
Visitors to retail stores, professional offices, amusement parks, casinos, hotels, restaurants, and community service offices normally slip and fall because:
- The visitor’s foot doesn’t grab the floor properly
- The visitor trips over an obstacle on the floor
- Some part of the floor isn’t level with another part
- The owner failed to warn the visitor of a known or possible dangerous condition
YOUR JOURNEY TO JUSTICE.
LED BY YOUR TEAM AT HICKEY LAW FIRM.
WE LEAD. WE EXPLAIN. WE RESOLVE... FOR YOU.
When are Miami property owners liable for slip and fall accidents?
Premises property law provides that the duty to someone on the property varies depending on the reason the member of the public is on the property.
- Invitees are owed the highest duty of care. Invitees are people the owners encourage to enter the property, such as shoppers and people who use the owner’s services.
- Licensees are owed a strong duty of care too. Licensees are people who have the right to be on the property, but that the owner didn’t necessarily invite onto the property.
- Trespassers are generally not owed a duty of care. There is an exception for children who might be attracted to a curious nuisance such as a swimming pool or a trampoline.
At Hickey Law Firm, our Miami slip and fall lawyers will explain what type of visitor you are, and what level of care the property owners should have provided.
What injuries do Miami slip and fall victims suffer?
Our Miami slip and fall lawyers understand that many people are seriously injured when they slip and fall. Common slip and fall injuries include:
- Arm, hand, wrist, elbow, and shoulder
- Back and neck
- Open and closed head trauma
- Brain trauma
- Facial injuries
- Heart attack
- Leg, foot, ankle, knee, and hip
- Nerve damage
- Reflex sympathy disorder
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Spinal cord damage
- Amputation/loss of limb
- Other orthopedic injuries including bone fractures including hip, arm, and leg fractures
How much is my Miami slip and fall case worth?
At Hickey Law Firm, we work with your doctors to verify your injuries, document what type of medical treatments you need, and show just how dramatically every aspect of your life has changed. We also work with your employers to verify your financial losses. We spend time detailing your daily agonies and fears.
Our Miami slip and fall lawyers demand compensation for all your damages – current and future and for the rest of your life:
- Medical bills – including ER care, surgeries, doctor visits, rehabilitation care, medications, and assistive devices.
- Lost income and benefits – including a permanent disability.
- Pain and suffering – aches, itches, agonies, fears, and overall discomfort – every day.
- Scarring and disfigurement.
- Loss of bodily function.
- Loss of the enjoyment of life’s pleasures.
If the owner knew of the danger and failed to fix it, we may demand that the owner pay punitive damages.
If your loved one died due to a slip and fall, we file a claim for wrongful death damages on behalf of the family members.
THE ADVICE YOU NEED. THE REPRESENTATION YOU WANT.
THE COMPENSATION YOU DESERVE. ®
What steps should I take after a slip and fall accident?
Your priority after an accident is to attend to your health. Someone on behalf of the property owner or a friend should arrange for an ambulance so you can be taken to a local emergency room – if you cannot make the arrangements yourself.
If possible, you or someone with you should:
- Notify a store manager or supervisor about the accident. Be sure not to discuss how the accident happened. That’s our job.
- Take photographs or videos of the accident site. Take photographs or videos of yourself – at your worst.
- Follow up your initial ER visit with other surgeons and other physicians.
A critical step is to speak with your skilled Miami premises liability lawyer. We’ll answer your questions, investigate the accident, and begin the legal claims process against the responsible parties.
Do you have a slip and fall accident lawyer near me?
If you were hurt in a slip and fall accident, you can discuss your case with Hickey Law Firm. Our team meets with clients and families at our Miami office located at 1401 Brickell Avenue, Suite 510. We do meet car accident victims away from the office if necessary.
Get Help from Hickey Law Firm in Miami today
QUALITY OVER QUANTITY. We don’t have hundreds of lawyers, we have a few. We don’t have thousands of clients, we have a good number. We don’t advertise on TV. We get interviewed on TV ... and in magazines, on radio, in newspapers, and by online media. And we are not for everybody. We are for you, the honest person who was seriously injured.
You do have the right to hold property owners responsible when they breach their duty to protect your safety. Get help now. Call 305.371.8000 or complete our contact form to schedule a free consultation. You pay ABSOLUTELY NOTHING until and unless we recover compensation for you. We represent Miami victims, Florida victims, and anyone who is hurt while visiting Miami.